The Benue State Scholarships Board operates an automatic scholarships scheme which covers Nigerian Law Schools, Post graduate, Undergraduate, Higher National Diploma and handicapped Students at all levels of Education. The scheme also include undergraduate and NCE French Immersion Programme.
The Board is saddled with the responsibility of:
- Awarding of Scholarships to candidates of the state studying or intending to study in institutions of higher education both with and outside Nigeria;
- Selecting and submitting to the Commissioner of Education names of persons from the state who satisfy the conditions for the award of scholarships to study in foreign countries;
- Formulating, reviewing and initiating policies and programmes on the award of scholarships;
- Advising the Commissioner of Education on any matter relating to the award of scholarships and
- Determining the financial programme of the Board